Kolkata International Airport (IATA- CCU)
AIRPORT NAME:- Kolkata Airport- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
STATE:- West Bengal
OVERVIEW:- Formerly known as Dum Dum Airport. Kolkata airport is the second largest airport in east India and one among the two international airports of the state. Passengers can admire the writing of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore which is inscribed on the walls of the terminal.
LOCATION:- Approx 17 kilometers outside of downtown Kolkata
TERMINAL:- Kolkata Airport is made up of two main terminals. Terminal 1 handles domestic flights while Terminal 2 is reserved for international flights.
PARKING:- There are 250 bay car parks near each terminal, with both short and long term parking facilities. The area is currently being expanded to include underground parking.
MAJOR ROUTES:- Indian Airlines services the majority of domestic routes from Kolkata Airport to nearly 30 hubs within India. Among these are: Agartala, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Nagpur, Shillong and many more. The city is connected to further international destinations by a number of carriers and reaches Rome, London, Bangkok, Tokyo, Hong Kong, as well as New York and Moscow.
AIRLINES AVAILABLE:- Flights to Kolkatta Airport are available on Air India, Air Asia, China Eastern, Druk Air, Emirates, Go Air, Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines, Lufthansa, Qatar Airways, Silk Air, Singapore Airlines, Spicejet, Thai Airways and United Airways.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE IN KOLKATA ARIPORT
- INTERNET: There is no wifi access at Kolkatta Airport, there is an internet café in the International terminal.
- BUSINESS LOUNGES: There are no business or conference facilities at Kolkatta Airport, however nearby hotels offer a full range of services.
- MONEY AND COMMUNICATIONS: There are ATM’s as well as currency exchange offices are also available.
- LUGGAGE: A baggage wrapping service is available in the international departure area, and left luggage offices in both International and Domestic terminals.
- CONFERENCE & BUSINESS: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Airport is yet to construct business and conference facilities. However, surrounding hotels offer the full gamut of amenities for the corporate traveler.
- INFORMATION: The staff at Kolkatta Airport is friendly. English is not widely spoken, you have to familiarize yourself with some Bengali words and carry a dictionary or phrasebook.
- FOOD & DRINK: The airport does not have a huge selection of dining establishments. A small selection of cafes offers convenience foods, while tea, coffee, and soft drink vending machines are situated throughout the terminal.
- DUTY FREE SHOP: The presence of duty free shops in the airport let the passengers to get a variety of products at very reasonable rates. Various products including handicrafts, magazines and general items are available.
AIRPORT TRANSFERS BY Indian Car Rental & BUSES OPERATORS PVT. LTD:-Indian Car Rental undertakes every type of travel needs, and creates unparallel experience to the clients. We specialize in cab and taxi transfers to and from all India airports for both individuals and groups, with the accent on a courteous and thoroughly professional personal service at affordable prices. We understand that each and every client requirement differ and so does each occasion or event. Select from our fleet of large range of vehicle our team member will be happy to help you. Our airport transfer service is comfortable, and stress free. We even provide custom made tours, full travel arrangements, tours and excursions.
We’re devoted to helping our travelers experience the world with the honesty and affirmation. Indian Car Rental Holidays aims to maintain world class travel services at reasonable prices through consistent leadership, controlled growth and excellent commitment.
FACILITIES FOR TAXI-CAB BOOKING IN KOLKATA AIRPORT TRANSFERS
- We provide private, door to door airport transfer service to and from the airport, hotel or private residence
- Top class, cleans and safe, fully insured chauffer driven vehicle will be arranged for airport transfer, driven by an experiences and courteous driver.
- An experienced driver with proven customer service skills and an extensive knowledge of the local area.
- A 'Meet and Greet' service can be arranged when booking whereby the driver will be in arrivals with the passenger's name or company name, whichever you prefer.
- If your flight is early or subject to delays, we will track your flight's progress and send your driver at the new expected time of arrival.
- We accept most major credit cards and debit cards and send receipts via email.
TYPES OF VEHICLES AVAILABLE RENTAL SERVICE IN KOLKATA AIRPORT
- SEDAN CAR FOR RENT :- Mercedes E Class, Mercedes C Class, BMW 5 Series, BMW 7 Series, Nissan Sunny, Toyota Camry, Toyota Corolla
- LUXURY CAR RENTAL SERVICE :- Audi Q7, Audi A6, Mercedes S Class, Limousine, Honda Accord
- EXECUTIVE CAR ON HIRE :- Toyota Etios, Honda Amaze, Honda City, Swift Dzire, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Xcent, Maruti SX4
- MUV’s & SUV’s VEHICLE RENTAL :- Toyota Innova, Toyota Fortuner, Toyota Land Cruiser, Ford Endeavour, Maruti Ertiga, Mahindra XUV 500, Mahindra Xylo, Nissan Evalia, Chevrolet Enjoy, Tata Safari
- BUDGET CAR FOR HIRE :- Wagon R, Tata Indica, Tata Indigo, Maruti Ritz
- TEMPO TRAVELLER VAN BOOKING- Minivan with capacity up to 15 group people
- PASSENGER MINIVAN ON HIRE :- Imported Luxury Van with capacity up to 15 group people, Mercedes Viano, Mercedes Sprinter, Volkswagen Caravelle, Volkswagen Crafter, Toyota Hiace, Toyota Commuter, Toyota Coaster, Fiat Ducato, Nissan Urban
- MINIBUS BOOKING :- Coaches with capacity up to 27 group people, ISUZU Bus, Mini Bus, Mitsubishi Rosa
- LUXURY BUS RESERVATION :- Coaches with capacity up to 45 group people, Mercedes Benz Bus, Volvo Bus, TATA AC Bus
- Booking subject to availability.
- Some vehicle may not be available in all cities